Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hangfire Bar


Last month I contacted a popular local bar called 'Hangfire' and asked to display my work there for the month of October. They agreed and asked for one thing in return...an original piece by me for the bar to keep indefinitely. Hangfire (aka Hangfizzy or Hangfizzle) has a one-drink-you're-done concoction called "Scorpion Tea". I'm not too sure what exactly it consists of, but it's cheap and delicious. So I figured I would celebrate this special drink with a nice, evil scorpion for the bar. Although it's not a big piece (roughly 14.5" x 7"), I made sure to pull out all the stops for this one. I added a glow-in-the-dark background and chalkboard paint on the lower half to customize the drink price if it ever changes. No word yet on when my artwork will be going up this month but stay tuned for more updates.

"Hangfire's Scorpion Tea"
Acrylic on wood.
Glow-in-the Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment