Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kidsyc@Brandywine

I've always wanted to support local music by designing promotional materials, and this past week I finally got that chance. Let me introduce you to the best thing to happen to hip-hop in the last ten years...Kidsyc@Brandywine! Backed by a live hip-hop band, Brandywine, Kidsyc's MC skills are creative, explosive, and intelligent. Kidsyc@Brandywine's performances are always energetic and engaging. I've been a big fan since Halloween (2010) when my girlfriend introduced them to me. I finally had the opportunity to speak with them face-to-face this past October. I showed them what I could do and BAM! that's when the magic happened! I threw one of my exaggerated brand of skulls in my sketchbook and then added Kidsyc's trademark glasses and Braves hat to the mix. I fleshed out the remainder of the design with a bit of freehand text and what you see before you is my sticker design for the local hip-hop sensation! Expect to see these posted up around downtown Savannah and at Kidsyc@Brandywine's shows in the near future.

Kidsyc@Brandywine's video for their "Fire" single. Produced by Savannah locals!

No comments:

Post a Comment