Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wings of Hell

I dedicate this piece to those of you who are suffering from post-Halloween depression like myself. Seeing all that tinsel garbage take over the dark and macabre decor on the store shelves makes me want to weep.  Anyways, I got my artwork back from Hangfire Bar last week and so I finally got a chance to take a (somewhat) decent picture of one of my newest pieces. It's by far my largest canvas painting to date. Weighing in at 50"x24" (approx. 4 ft. x 2 ft.) it was quite a challenge for me to work on it. I normally paint on my bed with the canvas lying flat or in my lap, so you can imagine how awkward it was for me to be rushing from one side of the canvas to the next. Unfortunately this may be the last work you see from me for awhile as I'll be working diligently on Christmas paintings for friends and family and I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise by posting them in a public forum.


1 comment:

  1. i hope im one of the lucky few who gets a painting. your gift im making is gonna be the best winter solstice gift ever.

    ReplyDelete